Mariana is a CPA with over 10 years of experience advising clients in a variety of industries such as real estate, financial services, tech startups, and nonprofit organizations.
Mariana has a Bachelor of Science in Accounting & Finance from UC Berkeley and a Master’s Degree in Taxation from Golden Gate University.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Federal and multi-state tax compliance and planning for partnerships, closely held corporations, LLC, estates and trusts
- Tax and accounting services, including quarterly tax planning for high-net-worth individuals,
- Foreign filings, including FBAR, 5471, 8865,
- Preparation of federal estate tax returns (form 706) and gift tax returns (709)
- Representation of clients before taxing authorities (IRS, FTB, etc.)
- Minimizing estate and income tax, in partnership with attorneys and executors
She joined RINA in June, 2021 and is a member of the Real Estate and Estate & Trusts Practice Groups. Previously, she worked at Seiler and PHC Accountancy Group, and began her accounting career at KPMG (former Rothstein Kass).
In her free time, when she and her husband are not busy with their two daughters, they enjoy reading, traveling, sightseeing, dancing, working out and listening to music.
- Start ups
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Trust and Estates
- Real Estate
- Financial Services