Brenda Colburn Jemmott, CPA, is a Tax Partner with RINA and Co-Managing Director of Tax. Brenda joined RINA in 2006, and serves as Co-Chair of the Firm’s International Practice, and Head of the Firm’s Tax Controversy Group. With more than 20 years of experience providing tax consultation and compliance services to high net worth individuals and businesses, Brenda specializes in international tax compliance and consultation, real estate taxation, and tax planning for corporate ownership changes.
With a client base that spans globally, Brenda advises individuals and businesses on U.S. tax consequences of foreign transactions (inbound and outbound), establishing and relocating a business in the U.S., and assisting them in selecting the most tax efficient entity for their foreign operations. Brenda has extensive experience with large established, as well as, growing companies and she is well-versed in complex corporate tax transactions. Her background includes working as a revenue agent for the IRS in their large to mid-size business division, and she also spent several years auditing large corporations from a government perspective. She is highly informed in the procedures of the IRS and can successfully represent taxpayers in tax agency examinations. Brenda’s experience also includes presenting on commercial and real estate tax incentives and income tax and legislative updates.
Brenda’s areas of expertise include:
- Complex corporate tax transactions, planning and analyses
- U.S. tax consequences of foreign transactions
- U.S. income tax planning and compliance pertaining to foreign taxpayers operating in the U.S.
- U.S. Income tax treaty analysis
- Tax-efficient use of debt versus equity in capitalizing operations
- Benefits and burdens of outbound transactions, PFICs, and U.S. income tax aspects of owning U.S. real estate
- Green Tax Incentives and Stock Options
- Interest Charge Domestic International Sales Corporation, or IC-DISC
- Real Estate Valuations
- Decision analysis for Commercial Real Estate Investment
- Tax consequences of real estate
No worries tax accounting services performed in a timely fashion.
— David Ward
Telegraph Hill Program Initiatives, Inc.
- Corporate Tax Transactions
- Tax Controversy
- Real Estate Partnerships
- International Tax, Compliance & Consulting
- Real Estate
- Manufacturing - Food & Technology Based Product Design
- Professional Services
- Management Service Providers