What information do we collect?
RINA is the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you.
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletters, alerts, respond to a survey, fill out a contact form, register for an event or submit resumes.
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, title, company name, e-mail address, mailing address and/or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We may also collect information about how our website is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the website pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used to send periodic emails, register you for events, add you to our newsletter mailing lists, send you information about changes to our service, to detect, prevent and address technical issues, to respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you may choose whether to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name, email and address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level, industry type). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our services or to gather information for measuring key performance indicators in a variety of industry sectors.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or publications, you can do one of the following:
- Click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email;
- Contact us via email at email@example.com;
- Contact us by phone at 800-746-2272.
Yes.Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We may only release your information to third-parties when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, when explicitly requested by you as a visitor to our site, to deliver requested publications or information and when required to register for events, roundtables or conferences hosted by a third-party.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, RINA may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
RINA may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of RINA
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- Protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our website on our behalf, to perform website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We offer a fee financing/credit card processing payment option on our website through a third-party provider that requires your personal information to process your payment or financing paperwork. This organization has its own privacy and collection practices, and RINA is not responsible for their independent policies.
Analytics - We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
A similar tracking method is also used for recipients of our emails and newsletters.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
RINA will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer and process the data in the United States, including Personal Data.
Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted via the online portal, we also protect your information offline. As certified public accountants, we are required by our code of ethics (AICPA Rule 301) and by state regulation (Rule 54) to maintain the confidentiality of information obtained from and regarding our clients. Only RINA personnel are provided access to personally identifiable information and these employees have agreed to ensure confidentiality of this information and to adhere to RINA’s network security policy.
"Do Not Track" Signals - We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. RINA aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone at 800-746-2272.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights.
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where RINA relied on your consent to process your personal information. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you are a member of a social media site(s) that RINA is also a member of, you should be aware that the profile you created, which may include personal information, (such as your gender, age, occupation, and place of work) may be accessed and viewed by other members of that social media site, including (and certainly not limited to) other RINA clients. As such these communications should be courteous, professional and should not expose your personal information unnecessarily. RINA participates in these social media sites for the purpose of promoting discussion and fostering knowledge about RINA. These social media sites are provided by third party vendors, and while we participate in these social media venues we do not have any control and cannot be held responsible for their content.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Service is RINA accountancy corporation’s website, the http://www.rina.com, operated by us
- Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the website or from the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Data Controller means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- Data Subject (or User) is any living individual who is using our website and is the subject of Personal Data.
This policy was last modified on 01/24/19