Thursday, May 14, 2020
10:00 AM - 11:15 AM
Questions?Contact: Amanda Vergara
Join us for a discussion of how the COVID-19 crisis has affected commercial and residential real estate.
Topics will include:
- Eviction moratoriums
- Rent increase moratoriums
- How to negotiate with tenants who do not pay
- What remedies are really available?
- What documentation is required to claim protection?
- Information on court closures
- Exemptions for real estate transactions and leasing
- How long will these temporary rules last?
- IRC Section 1031 in the Era of COVID-19
- Qualified Improvement Property (QIP) and Net Operating Loss (NOL) tax law changes mandated by the CARES Act.
- Limitations on business losses offsetting other income suspended
You will be sent an email with a link to join the webinar on the 14th.
Charles A. Alonzo, JD, is a partner at Burnham Brown with over 20 years experience in state and federal civil litigation with an emphasis in real estate, environmental toxic torts, premises liability, construction defect, and product liability. He is a member of the California State Bar and Alameda Bar Association, East Bay CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women), East Bay Rental Housing Association, and Western Manufactured Housing Association.
Teresa Fluegel is Executive Vice President of Chicago Deferred Exchange Company. Teresa is responsible for providing consulting services to real estate and tax attorneys, accountants, investors and commercial real estate professionals across the country with a focus on the West Coast since 2000. She has the expertise that comes from direct involvement with tens of thousands of tax deferred exchanges for real property. Teresa earned the professional designation of Certified Exchange Specialist in 2004.
Ray Evans CPA, is a Tax Partner with RINA and has been with the Firm since 2005. With more than 25 years of experience, Ray brings his expertise in navigating the complexities of tax laws both to his clients and to the firm. Ray provides tax consulting and compliance services that meet the specialized needs of small to mid-size companies and their business owners with an emphasis in real estate and construction. He specializes in business tax planning and compliance, multi-state taxation, business succession planning, and individual tax planning and preparation.
This event is complimentary.