If your company’s employee retirement plan or benefit plan has more than 100 participants, it is likely that an audit is required to be compliant with Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) regulations.
At RINA we’ve performed employee benefit plan audits since ERISA was passed in 1974. We have extensive experience auditing 401(k) plans, 403(b) plans, defined benefit pension plans, profit sharing plans, health and welfare plans and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plans) for a range of companies and organizations.
What makes RINA different?
- RINA is a member of the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. This membership mandates that we use standards for our employee benefit plan audit practice that exceed those of non-member firms.
- At RINA, we place a high priority on minimizing disruption to your internal team. We conduct audits efficiently and work toward staff continuity on client engagements to ensure quality and to minimize client time spent indoctrinating new auditors.
- Our specialists in employee benefit plan audits instill confidence that your plans comply with government regulations.
- We proactively plan and schedule our client audits to alleviate any rush to meet a tax-filing deadline.
- In addition to receiving an auditor’s report, we routinely provide our clients with recommendations on ways to improve the administration of their employee benefit or retirement plan.
- Advanced training and educational programs helps us stay current on changes in the law related to employee benefit plans.
- We audit over 30 plans annually, a majority of which are limited-scope audits for Northern California companies.
- Our extensive experience in employee benefit plan audits is a major benefit to our clients.